The show has one building with Commercial and Flea Market style vendors. It is Saturday ONLY from 8:30am to 4pm for attendees. No need to worry about rain or inclement weather, the entire show will be indoors, the building will also be heated if necessary. Food will be available for purchase.
There is free parking available in the Midway of the Fairgrounds and limited handicapped parking. HANDICAPPED PARKING IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE! No additional spaces will be reserved. THERE IS NO PARKING IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT TO THE BUILDING.
Door prizes will be given throughout the day and you must be present to win. DXCC, WAS and VUCC card checking will be available from 10 am to 12 pm. Free Amateur Radio Exams (also commonly called VE Exams) will be held at 9:00 am. on the fairgrounds property. Look for notices inside the main entrance of the Hamboree for the exact exam testing location.
Common Questions about the Greater Baltimore Hamboree:
1. Where does the show take place?
2. What are the dates and hours of the show?
3. How do I get my amateur radio license? We offer free, on-site amateur radio license exams at 9:00 am., the day of the event. Specific location instructions will be posted inside the Main Entrance to the hall. You must bring a photo ID. Note, Morse Code proficiency was dropped from licensing requrements many years ago. For a heads-up on licensing exams visit BARC VE Team. Visit the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) or your public library for study materials. If upgrading, bring your current amateur radio license and a photocopy of that license.
4. Does the show have a tailgate section?
5. Can you camp at the Maryland State Fairgrounds on Friday night?
6. Can vendors stay in the building overnight?
7. Will the show be held in case of rain or inclement weather?
8. I need a hotel, do you have a recommendation?
Copyright (c) 2012/2013/2014 Baltimore Amateur Radio Club * * * * EMAIL: email@example.com | TELEPHONE: 443-590-1444